CONTENTIOUS INSOLVENCY AND ASSET RECOVERY
Highly regarded for UK and international fraud investigation and asset recovery
Our highly regarded mixed disciplinary team of insolvency practitioners and forensic accountants are renowned for the investigation of fraud, white collar crime and the recovery of assets. We act in the UK, where we are based, and internationally. In the UK, we are frequently instructed by HMRC, the Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency and various other government agencies and departments.
Offshore we are located:
- In Gibraltar where we regularly act for the Financial Services Commission;
- In the Caribbean, with offices and associated firms in the BVI, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Barbados, and where we regularly act for the leading offshore providers of legal, corporate and trust services; and
- In the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, where we also act for the principal providers of these services.
Litigation funding is key to the successful pursuit of claims, and in appropriate circumstances we offer:
- A flexible fee charging structure;
- Introductions to legal and other professionals with whom we regularly work and are known to us as being prepared to operate on a flexible fee basis; and
- Access to our extensive network of contacts in the professional litigation funding and insurance communities in the UK and internationally.
Our Clients We assist:
- Taxation, VAT, police and regulatory authorities to recover evaded liabilities, the proceeds of crime, and financial penalties; and
- Corporate and personal creditors who have suffered loss at the hands of fraudsters.
Our Services We have a proven track-record of success and offer in particular:
- The statutory powers of enquiry, investigation and asset recovery of our Insolvency Practitioners; and
- The financial investigation, valuation and expert witness services of our forensic accounting team.